Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Answering A Prayer

This is funny. Just a few hours ago, I was lamenting on Matt's decision to go back to smoking cigarettes. When he told me that this morning, one of the things I prayed for was for me to understand the situation. I was totally against him doing it again, but I know I'll never be in that position of authority over this aspect of his life. Well, fortunately, when he said he'd go out to buy some cigarettes, he actually went out but didn't buy anything. Now, the surprise didn't come to me until later when I noticed there weren't any pack of cigarettes anywhere downstairs and out in the backyard where he would normally smoke. So, I asked him. And, there it was. He said he didn't do it. So proud of him. Now, I feel bad for judging his strength from my last post. But, I'm really thankful a prayer has been answered. And, that was a fast one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment